Thursday, November 09, 2006

sound off

Ok boys and girls, let's hear your opinion! The big controversy at Holdaway Home this week is... should you listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving? I am asking because a radio station here in Utah begins playing Christmas music on Halloween! Now I KNOW that everyone has a thought on this hot topic, so feel free to blog up a storm and let me know how you REALLY feel. As for me personally, I'm someone who listens to Mo-tab Christmas in the middle of July ; but Mike on the other hand is adamant that no Bing Crosby shall pass through our speakers until the Turkey and stuffing are done! Let us know what you think.In other exciting news I have to give a much-love-Goonie-shout-out to my best friend and cousin Heather English who delivered baby Preston William today. Apparently she only had to push for 10 minutes and the little boy was here (I'm so jealous), but that may be due to the fact that he has a normal sized head and not a Carter melon! I will let her post the stats and pics on her own blogsite, but I'm sure he's adorable and I can't wait to see him! He is exactly 2 weeks younger than Peter, so I have a feeling that PW and PK are going to be best buddies forever! P.S. Heather we need to get these little guys together soon for a play date and watch "The Goonies". We have to initiate them in the best movie EVER while they are still young!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree with Mike on this one. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, bring on the Christmas music. But I think I just get too sick of it if I start listening to it too far in advance... and you don't want to be sick of Christmas music on christmas!!

Gardner Family said...

First of all - I have to second the Goonie shout out to Heather and James - CONGRATS! And thank you very much - I will now have the Goonie theme song in my head all day...Good enough for you, good enough for me...it's goooood enough....goood enough for me...ya ya ya ya ya ayaaaaaaaaa
I am a listen all year, watch all year type of Christmas freak. I LOVE Christmas, movies, music, and LIGHTS!!! I don't break out all my Christmas cd's though until the month of December. For some weird reason I am all about the months. But don't think I don't put my National Lampoons Christmas avcation movie on in April or July!!!! Also, Dan just rented me Miracle on 34th street (1994 version) I wanted to see it all last year and none of the Blockbuster's had it because people had kept their one copy! So the Blockbuster near me ordered one per my many requests!!! Yipppeee! So final say? I have no opposing thoughts or views to listening to Christmas tunes any time of the year...I just don't get out ALLLL the cd's until December. (Tradition in my family - my brother's b-day is on Dec 1st. So we could never put up the tree until Dec 2nd. MAybe that's where I get the months thing from?) Dan would agree with Mike on this one...

Aim said...

Sorry meg, I'm going to have to side with Mike on this one too. No christmas music til after TG. But I'll have to know that I load the Christmas CDs that night before I go to bed so that first thing the day after TG, Bing Crosby is large and in charge.

Englishfam said...

Okay-so the goonies picture is the BOMB!! Thanks for the shout out. Preston loved it of course. We definitely need to get together soon-but give me a few days to get this nursing thing under control again. This little punk is not doing it so well. Remember how we talked about the myth of "babies not latching on" because people are just lazy or dont have the patience? I am here to say that it is definitely not true in prestons case! He is so stubborn-I tried to nurse on one side for an hour and a half. Suicide!! we will get there though, I am trying my best. Check out our site a little later and we should have some actual decent pics on there of preston. James just put the ones right after birth on there which he is way cuter than that! As for the Christmas music, Megan, you know we are soul mates because I say the more Christmas music the merrier! I have my stations programmed to KOSY and FM100 dont you worry!

Anonymous said...

Christmas music is appropriate year round. How else to get in the mood. I don't know where Mike is coming from!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I can say that because I have know Mike longer than anyone else.

Anonymous said...

Call me a humbug, but I can only take about two weeks of Christmas music in a given year. If I were to listen in June, then by December I'd have reached my quota. Sheron sneaks the CDs out early, but she doesn't start to go crazy with it until around the tenth.

Note: Good instrumentals don't get on my nerves nearly as much. On the other hand, I've had it up to here with Amy Grant after about half an hour.