Friday, April 06, 2007

gratitude (week 1)

My friend Katie has a blurb on her blog that she updates quite regularly titled, "Today I'm grateful for..." Katie, I'm stealing your idea! I love it. I love hearing what you have to say. There isn't enough gratitude in this world. So, I will try and finish off each week with an "I'm grateful for" blog. This week I'm grateful for (in no particular order):

Friends and family who make life beautiful. Heather and Camille for their listening ears and sage advice. Thank you for never judging me! For two of the most wonderful sisters any girl could ever ask for. I love you Kelly & Kiersty! I'm grateful for packages that come unexpectedly in the mail: Thank you Dorri and Leah. I love the clothes, bibs, toys and notes. You are both guardian angels! I'm grateful for friends like Marie who inspire me bring out the best that's in me. I'm grateful for the Easter basket my mom put together for Peter. Even though we are struggling to find common ground right now, I know deep down she loves me. I'm grateful to my dad for cooking for me, and for his great hugs.

I'm grateful for a wonderful extended family. I am blessed to have the best in-laws in the world. I'm grateful to Teresa and Gary for feeding us, and Gary for beating me at games because I don't always play fair. I'm grateful to Sheron and Quinn for the box of baby toys and Sheron for letting me drop in unexpectedly. We are looking forward to dinner on Sunday night! I'm grateful to have found a friend in Alli, and that she took the time out of her holiday to spend with me. Thank you for letting me win Ticket, and thank you for all your help with Peter. I'm grateful to Jared for always thinking the best of me, and for being such a great uncle to Peter. I'm grateful for instant messenger so I can keep in touch with Jen better, and for all the winks and nudges Raegen sends me.

Finally I'm grateful for Mike. He is the husband of my dreams. He supports and loves me unconditionally, and honestly I think that is so rare in this world. Thank you for being you! I will finish thanking you in person when you get home from work tonight (and that is reserved for your ears only)!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend! Love, Megan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, We don't always take the time to say we love you and are grateful Mike chose YOU to be part of our family. You are a great example to all of us. Thanks for accepting us uncondionally. Look forward to seeing you all (& Expecially Peter) in the next month or so. Love Mom & Dad H

Englishfam said...

awwww Megan, you are so nice. You know I feel exactly the same about you! I am so glad that if I am having a rough day and need to vent or even if I just want to chat that I can always call you and you will listen! It is hard to find someone that you feel like you can tell anything to, I am so happy that we have that! I feel so blessed to have you as my cousin. love you.

Elder Richey said...

You can steal my blog ideas anytime. I actually started the idea a few months ago when I had a miscarriage. I've just found that it helps so much to remember what I'm grateful for each day. I used to keep a gratitude journal, but on my blog I can see it whenever I log on (which is probably a lot more than it should be) :)

Gardner Family said...

Oh Meg I am your guradian angel..that is so sweet. I feel so special!!! You are mine friend...you are mine. Ben has his 1 year old party today. Wish you could have bene here! Miss you! See you in a few months!!!! WHOOPPPEEE!!!!
Love ya, Leah

Marie said...

Megan, I'm grateful to have a friend like you who I can totally be myself around and who reminds me that, no matter what anyone else says, I'm actually a pretty great person! Thank you for your enthusiasm, your openness, your support and encouragement. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

well since it won't let me sign in as myself...


i am grateful for hiding easter eggs and watching little kids find them, sunsets, warm rain, paychecks, sisters and fathers, cell phones (& other handy technological devices), music, friends, flowers, my boyfriend john, cozy blankets, good movies, chai tea, hugs, kisses, chocolate, cousins, the star wars and indiana jones trivia, peter kent holdaway, & my bed.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for awesome [blogging] daughters [with darling grandson(s)]! I'm grateful for a terrific (and another soon-to-be) son-in-law. I'm grateful for springtime and flowering trees. I'm grateful for "free" haircuts. I'm grateful for good health. I'm grateful for a wonderful family.